REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
A key code is stamped on the lock cylinder to aid in replacing lost keys.Pickups and MPV
See Figures 1 and 2
- Remove the door trim panel.
- Pull the weathersheet, gently, away from the door lock access holes.
- Using a screwdriver, push the lock cylinder retaining clip upward, noting the position of the lock cylinder.
- Remove the lock cylinder from the door.
- Install the lock cylinder in reverse of removal. It's a good idea to open the window before checking the lock operation, just in case it doesn't work properly.
See Figure 2
- Remove the trim panel and watershield.
- Disconnect the actuating rod from the lock control link clip.
- Slide the retainer away from the lock cylinder.
- Remove the cylinder from the door.
- Use a new gasket when installing to ensure a watertight fit. Lubricate the cylinder with suitable oil recommended for this application.