REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Raise and safely support the vehicle. Remove the splash shield.
- Remove the stabilizer bar.
- Remove the nut and disconnect the height sensor from the rear axle.
- Remove the bolt attaching the parking brake cable bracket.
- Support the rear axle housing with a jack. Raise the jack slightly to take the load off the shock absorbers.
- Remove the attaching bolts and nuts and disconnect the shock absorbers from the lower axle housing.
- Slowly lower the axle housing until the spring tension is relieved. Remove the coil springs.
- Remove the spring seats and bump stopper, if equipped.
- Install the upper and lower spring seats and the bump stopper, if removed.
- Install the coil springs, making sure the larger diameter coil is toward the axle housing.
- Raise the axle housing enough to connect the shock absorbers. Install the attaching bolts and nuts and tighten to 56-76 ft. lbs. (76-103 Nm). Remove the jack.
- Install the bolt attaching the parking brake cable bracket and the nut attaching the h