REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- As required, raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the nuts, bolts and washers and disconnect the stabilizer bar from the links.
- Remove the U-bolts and nuts from the mounting bracket and retainers. Remove the mounting brackets, retainers and stabilizer bars.
- Position the U-bolts and mounting brackets on the axle with the brackets having the UP marking in the proper position.
- Install the stabilizer bar and retainers on the mounting brackets with the retainers having the UP marking in the proper position.
- Connect the stabilizer bar to the rear links. Install the nuts, bolts, and washers and tighten.
- Tighten the mounting bracket U-bolt nuts to 30-42 ft. lbs.
See Figures 2 through 8
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the stabilizer bar links from both sides of the stabilizer bar.
- Remove the stabilizer bar bracket and bushing from the axle and remove the stabilizer bar.
- Install the bushing on the bar and install the bar finger-tight on the axle housing.
- Install the stabilizer bar links to the frame brackets.
- Lower the vehicle to the floor and tighten the stabilizer bar to axle bolts to 26-37 ft. lbs. (35-50 Nm).