See Figure 1
- Remove the RABS sensor from the axle housing.
- Connect a Digital Volt/Ohm Meter (DVOM) across the two sensor terminals and record the reading.
- The reading should be between 0.9 and 2.5k Ohms.
- If not, replace the sensor.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 2, 3 and 4
- Thoroughly clean the axle housing around the sensor.
- Disconnect the electrical harness plug from the sensor.
- Remove the sensor hold-down bolt.
- Remove the sensor by pulling it straight out of the axle housing.
- Ensure that the axle surface is and that no dirt can enter the housing.
- If a new sensor is being installed, lubricate the O-ring with clean engine oil. If the old sensor is being installed, clean it thoroughly and install a new O-ring coated with clean engine oil. Carefully push the sensor into the housing aligning the mounting flange hole with the threaded hole in the housing.
- Tighten the hold-down bolt to 25-30 ft. lbs. (34-40 Nm) for the Navajo and 12-16 ft. lbs. (16-22 Nm) for the Pickup/MPV.