REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise and support the front end on jackstands.
- Remove the pinch bolt securing the wormshaft to the steering shaft coupling.
- Remove the cotter pin and nut securing the pitman arm to the center link and separate the pitman arm from the link with a ball joint tool.
- Unbolt the steering gear from the frame.
- If the pitman arm is to be removed from the sector shaft, first matchmark their positions, relative to each other.
Install the steering gear and connect the center link. Observe the following torques:
Steering gear-to-frame: 69 ft. lbs. (94 Nm)