REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the skid plate, if equipped. Mark the driveshaft to flange for installation reference.
- Drain the fluid from the transfer case if the support angle suggests an oil spill when the flange is removed from the transfer case. Remove the driveshaft.
- Remove the retaining nut, washer, etc. Remove the companion flange.
- Pry the seal from the housing. Clean the seal mounting surfaces.
- Oil the seal lips. Install the seal using the proper driver. Install the flange and the driveshaft.