REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Navajo and B Series Pick-up
On Navajo and B Series Pick-up models, the ring is located on the differential case inside the axle housing. Once it is pressed off the case it cannot be reused. This job should be left to a qualified service technician as it requires the rear differential to be disassembled.MPV
See Figures 1 and 2
- Remove the rear axle shaft from the differential housing.
- Loosen the retaining ring with snap ring pliers and slide the ring off of the axle shaft.
- Slide the speed sensor ring off of the axle shaft. If necessary, remove the ring using a hammer and chisel.
- Set a new speed sensor ring onto the axle shaft.
- Using special press tool 49-S026-201, or equivalent, press the new speed sensor ring onto the axle shaft.
- Install the retaining ring onto the axle shaft.
- Install the rear axle shaft into the differential housing.