REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely. Drain the ATF.
- Matchmark the driveshaft end yoke and rear axle companion flange to assure proper positioning during assembly. Remove the driveshaft.
- Remove the oil seal from the extension housing, using seal remover T71P-7657-A or equivalent.
Before install the replacement seal, inspect the sealing surface of the universal joint yoke for scores. If scoring is found, replace the yoke.
- Install the new seal, using seal installer T74P-77052-A or equivalent. Coat the inside diameter at the end of the rubber boot portion of the seal with long-life lubricant (C1AZ-19590-BA or equivalent).
- Align the matchmarks and install the driveshaft.
- Lower the vehicle. Fill the transmission with the correct type and amount of ATF.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.