REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 9
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the clutch hydraulic system master cylinder from the clutch pedal and remove.
- Raise the vehicle and support it safely.
- Remove the starter.
- Disconnect the hydraulic coupling at the transmission.
Clean the area around the hose and slave cylinder to prevent fluid contamination.
- Remove the transmission from the vehicle.
- Mark the assembled position of the pressure plate and cover the flywheel, to aid during re-assembly.
- Loosen the pressure plate and cover attaching bolts evenly until the pressure plate springs are expanded, and remove the bolts.
- Remove the pressure plate and cover assembly and the clutch disc from the flywheel. Remove the pilot bearing only for replacement.
- Position the clutch disc on the flywheel so that the Clutch Alignment Shaft Tool T74P-7137-K or equivalent can enter the clutch pilot bearing and align the disc.
- When reinstalling the original pressure plate and cover assembly, align the assembly and flywheel according to the marks made during the removal operations. Position the pressure plate and cover assembly on the flywheel, align the pressure plate and disc, and install the retaining bolts that fasten the assembly to the flywheel. Tighten the bolts to 15-25 ft. lbs. (21-35 Nm) in the proper sequence. Remove the clutch disc pilot tool.
- Install the transmission into the vehicle.
- Connect the coupling by pushing the male coupling into the slave cylinder.
- Connect the hydraulic clutch master cylinder pushrod to the clutch pedal.