- Visually inspect the engine compartment to ensure that all vacuum lines and spark plug wires are properly routed and securely connected.
- Examine all wiring harnesses and connectors for insulation damage, burned, overheated, loose or broken connections.
- Be certain that the battery is fully charged and that all accessories are OFF during the diagnosis.
SECONDARY SPARK TEST
See Figure 1
- Remove the spark plug from the engine.
- Connect the spark plug to the high tension lead.
- Using insulated pliers, hold the high tension lead and spark plug approximately 0.20-0.39 inch (5-10mm) from a good ground.
- Crank the engine and verify that there is a strong blue spark.