REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
Only 1994 B Series Pick-up and Navajo ignition systems use an external ICM. The 1995-98 B Series Pick-ups have incorperated the ICM into the Power Control Module (PCM).
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Detach the wiring harness connector(s) from the ICM.
- Remove the mounting bolt(s), then remove the ICM.
- Apply an even coat of approximately 1 / 32 inch (0.80mm) of silicone dielectric compound to the mounting surface of the ICM.
- Place the ICM into the vehicle in proper position and install the mounting bolt(s). Tighten the bolt(s) to 22-31 inch lbs (2.5-3.5 Nm).
- Attach the wiring harness connector(s) to the ICM.
- Connect the negative battery cable.