REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 13
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system.
When draining the coolant, keep in mind that cats and dogs are attracted by ethylene glycol antifreeze, and are quite likely to drink any that is left in an uncovered container or in puddles on the ground. This will prove fatal in sufficient quantity. Always drain the coolant into a sealable container. Coolant should be reused unless it is contaminated or several years old.
- If necessary, remove the air cleaner duct.
- Separate the upper and lower hoses from the radiator.
- Disconnect the coolant reservoir hose from the radiator.
- On MPV equipped with the 2.6L engine, remove the purge solenoid valve and mounting bracket
- If equipped with an automatic transmission, disconnect the transmission cooler lines from the bottom of the radiator.
- Loosen the mounting bolts, then remove the engine fan and radiator shroud from the vehicle.
- Remove the radiator retaining bolts or the upper supports and lift the radiator from the vehicle.
- Install the radiator in the reverse order of removal. Fill the cooling system and check for leaks. On automatic transmission equipped vehicles, run the engine until normal operating temperature is reached, then check the transmission fluid level. Correct as needed.