REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Navajo and B Series Pick-up Models
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- If replacing the door with a stripped unit, remove all usable components from the old door.
- If removing the rear door (Explorer), remove the scuff plate and center panel trim panel. Remove the upper and lower hinge access cover plate if equipped, and matchmark the hinge-to-body and hinge-to-door location. Support the door either on jackstands or have somebody hold it for you.
- Remove the lower hinge-to-door bolts.
- Remove the upper hinge-to-door bolts and lift the door off the hinges.
- If the hinges are being replaced, remove them from the door pillar.
- If they were removed, install the hinges in the same position as before removal. Tighten the bolts finger tight.
- Position the door on the hinges and install the bolts finger tight.
- Install all previously removed hardware to the new door before adjustments are made.
- Install the trim panel and scuff plate if they were removed.
- Adjust the door and tighten all retaining bolts.
- Install the hinge access cover plates.
See Figure 4
- Matchmark the hinge-to-body and hinge-to-door locations. Support the door either on jackstands or have somebody help hold and support it for you.
- Remove the door check bar, by first removing the interior door trim panel and door mounted radio speaker.