REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Open the tailgate.
- Relieve tension on the support cables by partially raising the tailgate.
- Pull up on the cable retainer spring and slide the cable retainer to the large opening in the hook and lift it off. Repeat this procedure for the other support cable.
- Pull the right side of the tailgate rearward to remove it from the right hinge.
- Move the tailgate to the right to remove it from the left hinge.
- Transfer all necessary hardware to the new tailgate if necessary.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Be sure to lubricate each hinge cup with NLGI No. 2 grease, or equivalent.