DISASSEMBLY & ASSEMBLY
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Loosen the front wheel lug nuts.
- Raise and safely support the front of the vehicle.
- Remove the lug nuts and wheel/tire assembly.
- If equipped, remove the lug nut retainer washers from the wheel studs.
Some gentle tapping with a soft faced hammer may help to loosen the locking hub if it seems stuck.
- Remove the manual locking hub assembly from the rotor by pulling straight outward.
- Inspect the O-ring seal on the back side of the hub assembly and, if damaged, replace it.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Ensure that the rotor mounting face is flat and free of burrs, dirt or grease, especially where the O-ring seal makes contact.