All rear wheel drive MPV models are equipped with compression rods on each side of the front suspension.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Raise and support the front end on jackstands.
- Disconnect the stabilizer link at the compression rod.
- Remove the compression rod-to-lower arm bolts.
- Remove the compression rod end nut and washer.
The end nut on the left compression rod may be equipped with left handed threads.
- Unbolt the compression rod fluid-filled bushing and remove the bushing and washers.
- Check the bushing for signs of leakage. Replace it if leaking or damaged.
Install the compression rod and components in reverse order. Observe the following torques:
Fluid-filled bushing bolts: 61-76 ft. lbs. (83-103 Nm)
- Tighten the stabilizer bar end link bolt until 9-11mm of thread is visible above the nut.