REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Remove the door trim panel and speaker if applicable.
- Remove the screw from the division bar. Remove the inside belt weatherstrip(s) if equipped.
- Remove the 2 vent window attaching screws from the front edge of the door.
- Lower the glass and pull the glass out of the run retainer near the vent window division bar, just enough to allow the removal of the vent window, if equipped.
- Push the front edge of the glass downward and remove the rear glass run retainer from the door.
- If equipped with retaining rivets, remove them carefully. Otherwise, remove the glass from the channel using Glass and Channel Removal Tool 2900 (made by the Sommer and Mala Glass Machine Co. of Chicago, ILL., or its equivalent). Remove the glass through the belt opening if possible.
- Install the glass spacer and retainer into the retention holes.
- Install the glass into the door, position on the bracket and align the retaining holes.
- Carefully install the retaining rivets or equivalent.
- Raise the glass to the full closed position.
- Install the rear glass run retainer and glass run. Install the inside belt weatherstrip(s).
- Check for smooth operation before installing the trim panel.
B SERIES PICK-UP
See Figure 3
- Remove the door trim panel. If equipped with power windows, disconnect the wire from the regulator
- Support the glass in the full UP position or remove completely.
- Remove the window guide and glass bracket if equipped.
- Remove the center pins from the regulator attaching rivets.
- Drill out the regulator attaching rivets using a 1 / 4 in. (6mm) drill bit.
- Disengage the regulator arm from the glass bracket and remove the regulator.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. 1 / 4 in.-20 x 1 / 2 in. bolts and nuts may be used in place of the rivets to attach the regulator.
See Figure 4
- Remove the door trim panel and watershield.
- Remove the inside door belt weatherstrip and glass stabilizer.
- Remove the door glass.
- Remove the 2 nuts attaching the equalizer bracket.
- Remove the rivets attaching the regulator base plate to the door.
- Remove the regulator and glass bracket as an assembly from the door and transfer to a workbench.
- Carefully bend the tab flat in order to remove the air slides from the glass bracket C-channel.
- Install new regulator arm plastic guides into the C-channel and bend the tab back 90°. If the tab is broken or cracked, replace the glass bracket assembly. Make sure the rubber bumper is installed properly on the new glass bracket, if applicable.
If the regulator counterbalance spring is to be removed, make sure the regulator arms are in a fixed position prior to removal. This will prevent possible injury when the C-spring unwinds.
- Assemble the glass bracket and regulator assembly.
- Install the assembly in the door. Set the regulator base plate to the door using the base plate locator tab as a guide.
- Attach the regulator to the door using new rivets. 1 / 4 in.-20 x 1 / 2 in. bolts and nuts may be used in place of the rivets to attach the regulator.
- Install the equalizer bracket, door belt weatherstrip and glass stabilizer.
- Install the glass and check for smooth operation before installing the door trim panel.
- Remove the door trim panel.
- Remove the panel support bracket.
- Remove the weatherscreen carefully.
- Remove the speaker.
- Remove the mirror.
- Remove the front beltline molding.
- Raise the window to the point at which the glass retaining screws can be reached the access holes.
- Carefully lift the glass from the channel.
- With manual regulators, remove the attaching bolts and lift out the regulator.
- With power regulators, remove the attaching bolts and drill out the rivets. Lift out the regulator.
- Place the regulator in position and secure. Install then components in reverse order. Use new rivets on power regulators.