See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
MPV models are the only vehicles covered in this manual with coil spring rear suspension.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle. Remove the splash shield.
- Remove the stabilizer bar.
- Remove the nut and disconnect the height sensor from the rear axle.
- Remove the bolt attaching the parking brake cable bracket.
- Support the rear axle housing with a jack. Raise the jack slightly to take the load off the shock absorbers.
- Remove the attaching bolts and nuts and disconnect the shock absorbers from the lower axle housing.
- Slowly lower the axle housing until the spring tension is relieved.
- Remove the bump stopper.
- Remove the coil springs.
- Remove the spring seats, if equipped.
- Install the upper and lower spring seats, if removed.
- Install the coil springs, making sure the larger diameter coil is toward the axle housing.
- Install the bump stopper.
- Raise the axle housing enough to connect the shock absorbers. Install the attaching bolts and nuts and tighten to 56-76 ft. lbs. (76-103 Nm). Remove the jack.
- Install the bolt attaching the parking brake cable bracket and the nut attaching the height sensor.
- Install the stabilizer bar. Tighten the link bolt nut until 0.28 in. (7mm) of thread is exposed at the top of the link bolt. Do not tighten the stabilizer bar bushing bracket bolts at this time.
- Lower the vehicle. With the vehicle unladen, tighten the stabilizer bar bushing bracket bolts to 23-38 ft. lbs. (34-51 Nm).
- Install the splash shield.