REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Raise the vehicle and install jackstands under the frame. The vehicle must be supported in such a way that the rear axle hangs free with the tires still touching the ground.
- Remove the nuts from the spring U-bolts and drive the U-bolts from the U-bolt plate.
- Remove the spring to bracket nut and bolt at the front of the spring.
- Remove the shackle upper and lower nuts and bolts at the rear of the spring.
- Remove the spring and shackle assembly from the rear shackle bracket.
- Position the spring in the shackle. Install the upper shackle spring bolt and nut with the bolt head facing outward.
- Position the front end of the spring in the bracket and install the bolt and nut.
- Position the shackle in the rear bracket and install the nut and bolt.
- Position the spring on top of the axle with the spring tie bolt centered in the hole provided in the seat.
- Lower the vehicle to the floor. Torque the spring U-bolt nuts to 65-75 ft. lbs. (88-102 Nm). Torque the front spring bolt to 74-115 ft. lbs. (100-155 Nm). Torque the rear shackle nuts and bolts to 74-115 ft. lbs. (100-155 Nm).