On MPV models, the fuel filter is located on the right fender well just below the battery. On B Series Pick-up and Navajo models, the fuel filter is located on the right rear frame member, near the fuel tank.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Relieve the pressure from the fuel system as described in "Relieving Fuel System Pressure" located in this section.
- Disconnect the battery negative cable.
- Slide the fuel line clamps back off the connections on the filter. Then, slowly pull one connection off just until fuel begins to seep out. Place a small plastic container or stuff a couple of rags under the filter to absorb any excess fuel.
- Pull both fuel hoses off the connectors. Remove the filter from the clamp. On some models, it will be necessary to unbolt the fuel filter from the mounting bracket.
- Place the new filter in the clamp or attach to the bracket if so equipped.
- Connect the hoses to the filter connections and secure the hoses with the clamps.
- Connect the