- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Discharge the air conditioning system.
- Remove the accessory drive belt.
- Remove the A/C lines connected to the compressor and detach the electrical connection. Cap the lines to prevent contamination. It is advisable to replace the receiver/drier attached to the side of the radiator anytime the refrigerant lines have been opened.
- Remove the bolts securing the compressor to the bracket.
- Install the compressor.
- Connect the suction and discharge hoses using new O-rings coated with air conditioning oil. Tighten the bolts to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
The remaining installation is the reverse of removal. If a new compressor is used, 0.7 oz (20 cubic cm) of refrigerant oil must be added to the system. When replacing the receiver/drier, an additional 0.3 oz (10 cubic cm) of oil must be added. Recharge the air conditioning system