- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Center the steering wheel and turn the key to the lock position. Remove the key from the ignition switch.
- Drain the power steering fluid reservoir
Remove or disconnect the following:
Trim panel if necessary
Center the steering gear by lining up the mark on the sector shaft with the mark on the housing.
CAUTIONNew stretch bolts must be used when installing the steering box and tightening the coupling.
Install or connect the following:
Steering gear. Torque the new stretch bolts to 52 ft. lbs. (70 Nm)
- Refill the reservoir with fresh fluid. Start the engine and turn the steering wheel from lock-to-lock several times. The system will bleed automatically. Check for leaks.