Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Jack up the lower control arm until the axle shaft is horizontal. Be careful not to raise the vehicle off the lift.
- Compress the spring with an internal spring compressor. Do not use air tools to compress the spring.
- Loosen the bolt securing the lower control arm to the axle carrier. Remove the spring with the lower mount.
- Clean the spring mounting surface.
- Position the spring on the lower control arm and release the spring compressor.
- Remove the jack from the lower control arm.
Install or connect the following:
Brake lining sensor wire
- Torque the lower control arm-to-axle carrier nut to 52 ft. lbs. (70 Nm).
Refer to the shock absorber removal and installation procedure for coil spring service.