Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Remove the flywheel.
- Place a hook type seal removal tool behind the sealing lip of the oil seal. Pry out the oil seal.
- Place the seal onto the crankshaft flange. Do not lubricate the seal, install it dry.
- Use tool 111 589 08 43 00 or an equivalent seal installation tool to push the seal evenly into the sealing flange.
- The seal should be pushed to a depth so that it is 1mm below the sealing flange.
Install the flywheel.