Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system and engine oil.
Remove or disconnect the following:
NOTEThe fan clutch is equipped with right-hand thread.
Place a guard plate behind the radiator/condenser to protect it from damage during removal and installation.
NOTEThe timing chain cover bolts are different lengths and diameters. Note their locations for installation.
Accessory drive belt and tensioner
- Pull the crankshaft seal from the cover. Insert a new one using a suitable seal driver.
Install or connect the following:
Clean the sealing surfaces and apply a bead of silicone sealant to the timing chain cover.
NOTEThe cover must be installed within ten minutes after the sealant is applied.
Timing cover. Apply sealant to the bolts indicated in the illustration. Tighten the bolts to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm)
Fill the cooling system and the crankcase to the correct levels.
- Read fault memory, encode the radio and normalize the power windows.