Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system and engine oil.
Remove or disconnect the following:
WARNINGThe engine must not be rotated backward.
Timing chain cover
Rotate the crankshaft clockwise to align the crankshaft timing marks at 40° After Top Dead Center (ATDC). Insure that the grooves in the camshafts (6 in the illustration) align with the cylinder head cover mating surface on the intake side of the cylinder heads.
Lock the camshafts using the Camshaft Locking tools 112-589-00-32-00 and 112-589-01-32-00.
Camshaft sprockets bolts
- Align the copper plated links of the timing chain with the marks on the camshaft sprockets, the crankshaft sprocket, and the balancer sprocket for the M112 engines. The M113 engines use an idler sprocket in place of the balance shaft.
Install or connect the following:
Camshaft sprockets along with the timing chain. Tighten the attaching bolts to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm) plus 90-100 degrees.
Fill the cooling system and the crankcase to the correct levels.
- Read fault memory, encode the radio and normalize the power windows.