Removal & Installation
The ball joint and bushings on the upper control arm are not replaceable. If necessary, the entire control arm must be replaced.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Raise and safely support the front of the vehicle.
- Remove the front wheel.
- Remove the torsion bar.
- Remove the steering knuckle.
- If equipped with automatic leveling headlights, detach the sensor linkage from the control arm.
- Detach the stabilizer bar from the control arm.
- Remove the bolts and nut from the front of the control arm, then remove the clamp from the rear of the arm. Remove the arm from the vehicle.
Installtion is the reverse of removal. Use new hardware. Note the following:
When installing the control arm, tighten the nuts and bolts until just seated. When the vehicle is lowered, tighten the front frame bolt to 100 ft. lbs. (135 Nm) and the rear clamp bolts to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm). Tighten the ball joint nut to 62 ft. lbs. (85 Nm)