Removal & Installation
The ball joint and bushings on the upper control arm are not replaceable. If necessary, the entire control arm must be replaced.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Raise and safely support the front of the vehicle.
- Remove the front wheel.
- Remove the shock absorber.
- Detach the brake line from the steering knuckle.
- Remove the nut from the upper control arm, then use a puller to separate the ball joint from the knuckle. Secure the knuckle to the shock absorber to prevent it from tilting down too far.
- Remove the bolts securing the control arm to the frame, then remove the arm.
Installtion is the reverse of removal. Use new hardware. Note the following:
When installing the control arm, tighten the nuts until just seated. When the vehicle is lowered, tighten the frame nuts to 89 ft. lbs. (120 Nm) and the knuckle nut to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm)