Removal & Installation
This procedure will require the use of lock cylinder removal tool 202 589 00 14 00 or equivalent.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Using a hook removal tool, pull the transponder coil from the lock cylinder.
- Install the removal tool into the lock cylinder. Insert the key and turn it to position 1, then slightly further to the next audible detent.
- Unlock and remove the lock cylinder by turn it counterclockwise 90 degrees.
- Spray the outside of the lock cylinder with lock cylinder grease. Insert the lock removal tool onto the cylinder.
- Insert the key into the lock cylinder. Slide the assembly into the steering column.
- Turn the assembly clockwise about 90 degrees until it can be felt to engage.
- Turn the key to position 0, then remove the key and lock removal tool.
- Insert the transponder coil back onto the cylinder.