REMOVAL & INSTALLATION V8 Engine
See Figures 1 through 6
- Unbolt the exhaust pipes from the manifolds.
- Disconnect the rubber mounting ring from the exhaust system.
- Loosen the shield plate on the exhaust manifold.
- When removing the left-hand exhaust manifold, remove the shield plate for the engine mount together with the engine damper.
- Unbolt the manifold from the engine.
- Pull the manifolds off of the mounting studs by turning the left-hand exhaust manifold forward and down and removing it upward. Remove the right-hand manifold down and toward the rear.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Replace all gaskets and nuts. Mount the flanged gaskets between the exhaust manifold and the cylinder head with their flat sides toward the exhaust manifold.
- Tighten all nuts evenly and to the specified torque. Run the engine and check for a tight fit.
- Remove the air filter housing.
- Disconnect the exhaust pipe from the manifolds.
- Unfasten the oil dipstick tube bracket bolt and separate the tube from the exhaust manifold.
- Remove the exhaust manifold retaining nuts.
- Pull the manifold off the mounting studs and remove it from the engine.
- Clean the old gasket material from both mounting surfaces.
- Position a new gasket on the manifold and install the manifold on the mounting studs.
- Use new retaining nuts and tighten them to the proper specification.
- Connect the exhaust pipe to the manifold and tighten the fasteners.
- Engage the oil dipstick bracket to the manifold and tighten the bolt.
- Install the air filter housing and start the vehicle to check for proper operation.