REMOVAL & INSTALLATION V8 Engine
See Figure 1
- Partially drain the coolant.
- Remove the air cleaner.
- Disconnect the regulating linkage and remove the longitudinal regulating shaft.
- Pull off all cable plug connections.
- Disconnect and plug the fuel lines on the pressure regulator and starting valve.
- Unscrew the nuts on the injection valves and set the injection valves aside.
- Remove the 16 attaching bolts from the intake manifold.
- Loosen the hose clip on the thermostat housing hose and disconnect the hose.
- Remove the intake manifold. If a portion of the manifold must be replaced, disassemble the intake manifold. Replace the rubber connections during reassembly.
- Intake manifold installation is the reverse of removal. Replace all seals and gaskets. Adjust the linkage and idle speed.