REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Using a scratch awl, scribe the hinge onto the hood. If equipped with a hood light, disconnect the electrical connector.
- Using an assistant to support the hood, remove the hinge-to-hood bolts. Remove the hood.
- To install, reverse the removal procedures. Check the hood alignment with the hood latch.
When aligning the hood and the latch, align the hood (first), then the latch (second).
The hood hinge-to-body mount is slotted to provide forward and rearward movement. Adjust the hood so that it is flush with the body sheet metal.
- Using a scratch awl, scribe the hinge outline onto the hood.
- Loosen the appropriate screws and shift the hood into proper alignment with the vehicle's sheet metal.
3.After adjustment, tighten the appropriate retainers.
The striker, on the hood, adjusts laterally to align with the hood latch assembly.