FLUID LEVEL CHECK
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
Check the level of the fluid in the power steering reservoir at the interval specified in the chart.
- Position the car on a level surface and center the steering gear.
- Loosen the wing nut or knurled nut and remove the reservoir cover.
- With the fluid at operating temperature, the fluid should reach to the mark stamped in the reservoir. If not, add sufficient automatic transmission fluid (ATF) to bring the level up to the mark.
- Replace the cover and be sure that the cover and paper gasket are seated correctly.
- Tighten the wing or knurled nut.