With the exception of diesels, most Mercedes-Benz cars are equipped with catalysts. The following points should be adhered to:
- Use only unleaded gas.
- Maintain the engine at the specified intervals.
- Avoid running the engine with an excessively rich mixture. Do not run the engine excessively on fast idle.
- Prolonged warm-up after a cold start should be avoided.
- Do not check exhaust emissions over a long period of time without air injection.
- Do not alter the emission control system in any way.