REMOVAL & INSTALLATION Except 190D and 190E Models
The following procedure only applies to models with a dashboard mounted ignition switch.
- Remove the instrument cluster.
- Remove the right-hand cover plate under the dashboard.
- Remove the plug connection from the ignition switch.
- Remove the screws which hold the ignition switch to the rear of the lock cylinder and remove the ignition switch.
- To install the ignition switch, attach the plug connection, after fastening the switch to the steering lock.
- Install the instrument cluster.
- Check the switch for proper function and install the lower cover.
190D and 190E Models
- Remove the cover plate under the left side of the instrument panel.
- Remove the steering wheel. Remove the instrument cluster.
- Pry the cylinder rosette (trim ring) upwards and then remove it.
- Insert the ignition key and turn it to position 1.
- Disconnect the plug at the rear of the ignition switch.
The plug can only be disconnected when the key is in position 1.
- Loosen the screws and then remove the steering column jacket (upper and lower halves).
- Release the clamp on the jacket tube. Press in the lock-pin in position 1 and then pull the steering lock out slightly from the jacket tube holder.
- Pull off the ignition key at the right bottom section, slightly to the rear. Swivel the steering lock so that the lock cylinder clears its hole in the instrument panel.
- Unscrew the retaining screws and remove the ignition switch from the back of the steering lock.
- Installation is in the reverse order of removal. Remember to reconnect the switch to the steering lock.