REMOVAL & INSTALLATIONKey Removable in Position 1
- Turn the key to position 1 and remove the key.
- Pry the cover sleeve from the lock cylinder with a small screwdriver.
- Using a bent paper clip, hook onto the cover sleeve and remove the sleeve. Be sure that you do not remove the rosette in the dashboard also.
- Insert the paper clip between the rosette and the steering lock and push in the lock pin. Remove the lock cylinder slightly with the key.
- Insert the paper clip into the locking hole and pull the lock cylinder completely out.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Turn the lock cylinder to position 1 and insert it into the steering lock, making sure that the lock pin engages. Push the cover sleeve into position 1.
- Make sure the cylinder operates properly.
Key Unremovable in Position 1EXCEPT 190D AND 190E MODELS
Because of legal requirements, the lock was changed from the previous version, so that the key can only be removed in position 0.
- Turn the key to position 1.
- Lift the cover sleeve to the edge of the key and turn the key to position 0.
- Remove the key and cover sleeve.
- Insert the key into the lock cylinder and turn to position 1 (90- to the right), push in the lock pin and remove the lock cylinder.
- To install the lock cylinder, turn the lock cylinder to position 1 and insert the lock cylinder, making sure that the locking pin engages.
- Turn the key to position 0 and remove the key.
- Place the cover sleeve on the steering lock, insert and turn the key, and push in the cover sleeve at position 1.
- Check the locking cylinder for proper function.
- Pry the cylinder rosette (trim ring) upwards and then remove it.
- Insert the ignition key and turn it to position 1.
- Using a bent paper clip, insert each end into the holes on either side of the lock cylinder. Press the clip ends inward; the pressure will unlock the cylinder from the steering lock.
- Grasp the key and with pressure still on the paper clip, pull the ignition key/lock cylinder assembly out of the steering lock.
- Remove the paper clip, turn the key to position 0 and remove it. Slide the lock cylinder out of the cover.
- Insert the lock cylinder just enough so that the ridge on the cylinder body engages the groove in the steering lock.
- Slide the cover onto the lock cylinder so that the detent is on the left side.
- Insert the ignition key, turn it to position 1 and then push the lock cylinder and its cover into the steering lock.
When the ignition key is in position 1 and is aligned with the mark on the cover, the detent on the cover is also aligned with the ridge on the steering lock. This is the only manner in which the lock cylinder/cover can be installed in the steering lock.
- Check that the lock cylinder functions properly, if so, install the rosette.