REMOVAL & INSTALLATION Except 190D and 190E Models
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the ground cable from the battery.
- Remove the instrument cluster.
- Remove the plug connection from the ignition switch behind the dashboard.
- Pull the ignition key to position 1.
- Loosen the attaching screw for the steering lock.
- Remove the cover sleeve from the steering lock.
- On vehicles with the latest version of the steering lock, pull the connection for the warning buzzer.
- Push in the lock pin with a small punch.
- Turn the steering lock and remove it from the holder in the column jacket. Be sure that the rosette is not damaged.
The lock pin can only be pushed in when the cylinder is in position 1.
- To install the steering lock, connect the warning buzzer if so equipped.
- Place the steering lock in position 1 and insert the lock into the steering column while pushing the lockpin in. Be sure that the lockpin engages.
- Tighten the attaching clamp screw.
- Attach the plug connection to the ignition switch.
- Push the cover sleeve onto the lock in position 1.
- Install the instrument cluster.
- Check to be sure that the steering lock works properly.
190D and 190E Models
- Follow Steps 1-8 of the "Ignition Switch Removal and Installation" procedure.
- Unplug the switch and remove the steering lock.
- Installation is in the reverse order of removal.