REMOVAL & INSTALLATION 1974-76 230, 240D, 280 and 280C Models
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Loosen the screw on the lower portion of the unit.
- Remove the trim ring together with the lower part of the unit.
- Push the retaining ring in and, at the same time, turn the ring left to the stop.
- Remove the ring, sealed beam lamp, and disconnect the plug.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. If installing a Mercedes-Benz replacement sealed beam, be sure that the number "2" is at the top in the center. Be sure to have the headlights adjusted.
1981-84 300SD, 380SE, 380SEC, 380SEL, 500 SEC and 500 SEL Models
- Open the hood and unscrew the 5 plastic knurled nuts.
- Remove the assembly from the front of the car. Unplug the electrical connector.
- Remove the headlight attaching screws.
- Disconnect the electrical connector and remove the headlight.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
All Other Models
See Figure 6
- Loosen the attaching screws and remove the cover.
- Remove the headlight attaching screws and remove the retaining ring and light as a unit.
Do not disturb the headlight aiming screws.
- Pull the retaining ring and light slightly forward and disconnect the plug.
- Remove the headlight and retaining ring.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Be sure that the plug and socket on the rear of the light are tight.