REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the brake caliper.
- Remove the brake disc.
- Disconnect the lower spring with brake pliers.
- Turn the rear axle shaft flange so that one hole faces the spring. With brake spring removal pliers, disconnect and remove the spring from the cover plate.
- Remove the spring on the other brake shoe in a similar manner.
- Pull both brake shoes apart so that they can be removed past the rear axle shaft flange.
- Disconnect the upper return spring from the brake shoes and remove the adjuster.
- Force the pin out of the expanding lock and remove the expanding lock from the brake cable.
- Remove the brake shoes.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Coat all bearing and sliding surfaces with Molykotereg; prior to installation. Attach the lower spring with the small eye to the brake shoes.
- Adjust the parking brakes.
See Figures 1 through 6