REMOVAL & INSTALLATION Carbureted Engines
Plunger type fuel pumps on carbureted engines use a strainer located behind the cover.
- Disconnect and plug the fuel line at the pump.
- Remove the center screw and remove the cover. A small amount of fuel will run out.
- Replace the strainer, gasket, screw and aluminum washer, all of which are part of the replacement kit.
- Replace the cover. There are assembly marks on the cover and fuel pump body.
- Reconnect the fuel line. Start the engine and check for leaks.