See Figures 1 through 9
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the cotter pins and nuts from the track rod end studs.
- Mark the track rod adjustment sleeve at both ends with tape.
- Using a track rod end removing tool, remove the rod end from the steering knuckle.
- Remove the inner stud in the same manner as the outer.
- Loosen the clamp bolts and unscrew the ends if they are being replaced.
- Lubricate the track rod end threads with chassis grease if they were removed. Install each end assembly an equal distance from the sleeve.
- Ensure that the track rod end stud threads and nut are clean. Install new seals and install the studs into the steering arms and relay rod.
- Install the stud nuts. Tighten the inner and outer end nuts. Install new cotter pins.
- Have a qualified alignment mechanic adjust the toe-in to specifications.
Before tightening the sleeve clamps, ensure that the clamps are positioned so that adjusting sleeve slot is covered by the clamp. Never back the nut off to insert cotter pin, always tighten it until the pin can fit through castellations.