- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- On Contour, remove the radio from the instrument panel. On Mystique, remove the radio and in-dash CD player (if equipped).
- Open the ash tray and remove the two retaining screws for the control opening finish panel.
- Carefully pull the panel away from the instrument panel to unseat the retaining clips. Unplug the dimmer switch connector and place the panel in a safe location.
- Remove the two retaining screws (Contour) or four retaining screws (Mystique) and remove the control panel from the instrument panel opening.
- Label and unplug the wiring connectors from the control panel.
Unplug the vacuum hose harness from the control panel.
- Attach the wiring and vacuum connections to the control panel.
- Place the control panel into the opening in the instrument panel and tighten the retaining screws.
- Attach the dimmer switch connector and snap the finish panel into place on the instrument cluster.
- tighten the two retaining screws at the ash tray opening and install the ash tray.
- Install the radio and/or radio/CD player as removed.
- Connect the negative battery cable.