- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- On the 2.5L engine, remove the air cleaner-to-throttle body hose.
- Disconnect the sending unit electrical harness.
- Drain the engine coolant below the level of the switch.
Remove the sending unit from the engine using the proper size socket (Usually an
inch or 17mm).
- Coat the new sending unit with Teflon® tape or electrically conductive sealer.
- Install the sending unit and tighten to 62-89 inch lbs. (7-10 Nm) on the 2.0L engine and 13-18 ft. lbs. (18-24 Nm).
- Attach the sending unit-s electrical connector.
- Fill the engine with coolant.
- Start the engine, allow it to reach operating temperature ,bleed the cooling system and check for leaks.
- Check for proper sending unit operation.