Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Remove the 2 upper steering column cover screws and remove the cover.
NOTEIt is not necessary to remove the steering wheel for this procedure.
- Remove the 3 lower steering column cover retaining screws and remove the cover.
- Disconnect the electrical harness connector at the ignition switch.
Depress the locking tabs and remove the ignition switch.
- Place the new ignition switch into position and push into place making sure that the switch is held securely.
- Reconnect the electrical harness connector to the ignition switch.
- Reinstall the lower steering column cover and its retaining screws.
- Reinstall the upper steering column cover and its retaining screws.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.
- Check for proper ignition switch operation.