- Disable the ignition system.
- Raise the vehicle until the front tires are just off of the ground and safely support. Make sure that the transaxle is not in gear.
- Fill the power steering pump auxiliary reservoir.
- Crank the engine for 30 seconds without turning the steering wheel and recheck the fluid level. Add fluid if needed.
Crank the engine for 30 seconds while turning the steering wheel lock to lock. Check the fluid level and fill if needed.
WARNINGDo not hold the steering wheel against a stop for more than 5 seconds as damage to the steering pump could result.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Restore the ignition system.
- Start the vehicle and check that the power steering system is free of air. If not, repeat the procedure or purge the system of air using an external vacuum source.