- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain and recycle the engine coolant.
- Remove the air intake resonators.
- Remove the upper radiator hose and coolant recovery tank hose from the water outlet.
- Remove the three retaining bolts from the water outlet and remove the outlet from the thermostat housing.
Remove the thermostat and O-ring from the housing.
- Thoroughly clean the housing and install the thermostat and new O-ring into the housing.
- Install the water outlet and tighten the retaining bolts to 71-97 inch lbs. (8-11 Nm).
- Install the upper radiator and coolant recovery tank hoses to the water outlet.
- Install the air intake resonators.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Fill the cooling system with the proper 50 / 50 mixture and start the vehicle.
- Bleed the cooling system and check for leaks.