To prevent the refrigerant system from becoming contaminated if replacing an A/C compressor that has failed internally, the following procedures must be followed.
Replace the suction accumulator.Replace the A/C evaporator core orifice.
- Discharge and recover the A/C refrigerant.
- Remove the bolt and position the A/C manifold tube assembly aside.
- Discard the A/C manifold tube O-ring.
- Remove the A/C drive belt.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the A/C compressor.
- Disconnect the A/C clutch connector.
- Remove the four bolts and the compressor.
Fill the A/C compressor with the correct amount of PAG Compressor Oil (R-134A systems) F2AZ-19577-AC or equivalent meeting specification WSH-M1C231-B.
Install the new A/C compressor.
NOTELubricate the new A/C manifold O-rings with PAG Compressor Oil (R-134A Systems) F2AZ-19577-AC or equivalent meeting Ford specification.
Install new A/C manifold O-rings. Apply Pipe Sealant With Teflon- D8AZ-19590-A meeting specification ESB-M1C111-A to the threads of the A/C manifold and tube to compressor retaining bolt.