- The hood can be adjusted fore-and-aft and side-to-side by loosening the four hood hinge-to-hood bolts.
- Position the hood so that the distance between the hood and front fenders are equal on both sides. Tighten the hood hinge-to-hood bolts to 9-12 ft. lbs. (13-16 Nm).
Removal & Installation
Hood removal requires the aid of an assistant.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the engine compartment lamp electrical connector.
- If the hood is going to be reinstalled, mark the hood around the hinges to ease installation.
Support the hood and remove the four hood hinge-to-hood bolts. Remove the hood from the vehicle.
- The installation is the reverse of removal. Adjust the hood if needed. When installing the hood hinge-to-hood bolts, tighten them to 115-142 inch lbs. (13-16 Nm).