The bushings are press-fit types. Support the arm in a press, using the proper adapters. Ford tool numbers are: T93P-5493-A, T75L-1165-B and -DA.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Remove the wheel.
- Disconnect the ball joint.
- Disconnect the stabilizer bar from the control arm.
- Remove the 2 rear arm bolts and the mounting bracket.
- Remove the lower arm nut.
- Pull the rear of the arm down and gently pry the arm forward and off the gusset.
Installation is the reverse of removal. Observe the following torques:
Stabilizer bar-to-lower arm: 12-16 ft. lbs. (16-22 Nm)