Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Support the rear axle and slightly lower the vehicle enough to lessen tension on the shock absorber.
- Remove the lower shock absorber retaining nut and washer.
- Disconnect the lower end of the shock absorber from the mounting stud.
- Remove the shock absorber upper end retaining nut and washer.
- Remove the shock absorber from the vehicle.
- Install the shock absorber onto the upper and lower mounting studs of the vehicle.
- Install the washers and retaining nuts. Tighten the upper and lower retaining nuts to 22-30 ft. lbs. (30-41 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle.